How to Choose the Best Massage Oil?
Massage Oil 101 - Choose the right one for you
You know that greasy and uncomfortable feeling after a good massage? Maybe it’s because you are using a chemical, petrol-based, massage oil. And if you are already using the good, natural stuff, it might be because you are using the WRONG kind of oil for YOUR skin type.
SO, which one to choose? There are so many wonderful options out there and we know it can be a little overwhelming. That’s why we created this chart to help you evaluate the different options.
(Pssst … we highlighted our favorites with our Désirables’ Stamp.)
Our top 3 Best Massage Oil
- Sunflower Oil have a special place in our hearts since it's the base of our wonderful massage oil OMEHA. It leaves no greasy residue on the skin, doesn't smell anything, is perfect for sensitive skin, comes from a gorgeous flower... And it's made right here in Canada. That's what we call a winner! 👍
- Macadamia Nut’s Oil is our second favorite, mainly because it has the same properties as the sunflower oil. What's great about this oil though, is that it comes from an Australian native tree that helps in protecting the wildlife and fauna in arid regions. And the production of Macadamia Oil helps to protect these trees, which means they can continue to give refuge to the local fauna.
- Jojoba oil is actually a wax! That’s probably the reason why it's the carrier with the longest shelf-life. It comes mostly from the South of the United States and the North of Mexico. Which makes it a local product!
We haven't talked about EVERY oil options on the market but we tried to cover the basics. So, whatever oil is your favorite, you should always strive to buy a cold-pressed and organic carrier oil.
- OMEHA, obviously we love our own massage oil!
- Zayat Aroma, our supplier right here in Québec.
- Coop Coco, perfect for all your cosmetic DIY.
- New Directions Aromatics, a web-based store with a LOT of bio/organic options.
If you want to learn more about how to achieve a sustainable bedroom, we have a blog post about it right here!
And if you are a massage fan (aren't we all), we are giving out a massage pamphlet that gives great tips and tricks!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Blog
Always on the look out for awesome people who want to make a positive difference in people's life? Discover 10 women owned sex positive companies, like us, that want to change the world by giving women more power over their sexuality by creating great products.
The Holidays are just around the corner and you might be thinking about this amazing feminist friend you have and about how it would be awesome to give them a little (or more substantial) something!
At Désirables, we believe everybody should be a feminist - because equality for the win, right!? So here is our short list of ideas (15) that are perfect for the feminist in your life!
Did you ever wonder how vibrators were sold in the early 20th century ? Did you even know vibrators existed around the 1900’s? We are happy to present to you: a brief history of how vibrators came into american households with a bonus peak at our antique vibrator!