Improving your Pelvic Health with the Dalia
How an internal massager can help you with pelvic treatments
Did you know that Désirables was founded by Isabelle Deslauriers at the end of her studies in Industrial Design. The Dalia was actually her final project in university and was created to bring more awareness regarding sexual wellness, the importance of intimacy as well as the presence of toxic materials in pleasure products.
And although the Dalia is an amazing g-spot dildo, it can also be used as an internal massager! Indeed, it can be a perfect addition to any pelvic health treatments or routine due to its shape and material. The curved shape and dual-end allow the user to easily target many areas within the vagina without tiring their hand because of its light weight. So it is a great tool for internal massages and targeting the pelvic floor. You can use the more rounded end to do surface massage and use the more elongated end to release pressure points. There are even endo-warriors who are using the Dalia as part of their treatments!
➡️ How to manage endometriosis’ pain
The Dalia can also assist with exercises for the pelvic floor's training (for example Kegel) and during relaxation exercises. Last but not least, the use of porcelain is another reason why the Dalia is an excellent massager: because of this material's many properties!
*Please make sure to consult a health care provider to ensure the Dalia is right for you!
Porcelain’s Benefits in Your Wellness Journey
Porcelain is a very underated material in the world of sex toys - even if its properties are amazing. But it is more common in the medical world; think hip or knee replacement as well as dental restoration for example! So here are porcelain’s properties that make it such a good choice when it comes to your health:
- Hypoallergenic & bio-compatible; ideal for the vagina’s sensitive walls
- High Mechanical Strength; porcelain is firm and very resistant in use - it is only sensitive to thermal or physical shocks
- Toxic Free Material; it’s a non-porous material as well as plastic, BPA and Phtalates free. So it is 100% body-safe
- Handmade in Quebec; each internal massager is locally handmade and goes through a rigorous verification process to ensure the highest possible quality
- Thermoconductive; can easily be warmed to relax the muscles or cooled to help in treatments against pain
- Deep cleaning; can easily be washed with soap and water or sterilized in boiling water or in the oven (See our blog post for more details)
- Soft and matte finish; ideal for people who are hypersensitive. The matte surface ensures a good grip even when used with lubricant
- Compatible with all types of lubricant
💙 Shop Intamo Pleasurables' organic water lube
Pelvic Health Treatments and Symptoms
If you are seeing a pelvic health specialist or have these symptoms, the Dalia could help you in your health journey:
- Releasing pressure points
- Muscle stretches
- Myofascial mobilization
- Can be used as a dilators (2 formats)
- Trigger points
- Friable vaginal walls
- Vaginal infections
More Physiotherapy Treatments
If you are seeing a physiotherapist, our internal massager can also be used for the following treatments:
Perinatal; Each end of the Dalia has a different circumference (35 mm et 30 mm). This means you can use it to do perineum stretches prior to giving birth. It can also be used to assist in exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor (for example Kegel). What's more, its neutral and elegant look has helped many mothers reconnect with their bodies after postpartum.
- Oncology; porcelain makes this product ideal for perineal physiotherapy treatments for cancer survivors. With its soft and matte surface, no harmful dyes or phthalates come into contact with the sensitive vaginal walls.
If you feel like the Dalia would be a good tool for you in your pelvic health journey, don’t hesitate to talk to your healthcare provider or physical therapist about it!
➡️ For more resources on pelvic health, make sure to visit our partners at Pelvic Health Support.