Organic Canadian Lubes on the Market!
Trying to shop more locally while still getting the best for your body? We wanted to help you find the best Canadian lubes on the market! This means either vegan, organic, body-safe, toxic and chemical-free or all of the above.
- If you want to know more on the subject of lubes (compatibility, types, usefulness, etc.) make sure to read our Body Safe Lubricant Guide!
- If you want to go deeper into the subject, read Dangerous Lily amazing Lube Guide!
- Note that our porcelain dildo is compatible with every type of lubricants!
Here is a quick look at the different brands we talk about. Keep on scrolling for more info on each one!
Sutil by Hathor
This lubricant has been around for 20 years and the company based in British Columbia was created by two women. It contains only vegan natural ingredients and is Eco Certified! It is water based, so compatible with your silicone toys. It was recommended by our friends at Momgasm and many others via Instagram!
Nube by Tonic Mtl
This new lubricant on the market is made by Montreal-based company Tonic Mtl. It prides itself in only having vegan products, so you can be sure this will be safe for your body. The Nube lubricant is coconut based and have a butter’s consistency until you put it on your skin - then it becomes liquid. Thanks to June Pilote for this local discovery!
Sex Oil by Province Apothecary
This Toronto-based company makes facial toner, exfoliator, masks, lubricants and more. Their luxurious lube is made from wildcrafted and certified-organic ingredients, without the addition of synthetic fragrance or toxic ingredients. It is coconut based and perfect for sensitive skin!
Biolala by Zorah Cosmétique
If you are looking for a more flavored experience (think crème caramel and strawberry), Montreal-based company Zorah Cosmétique got you covered! With multiple certification such as fair-trade, vegan and gluten-free this water-based lube will be perfect for all the sweet tooth out there.
Intimate Gel by Erinea
This water-based lubricant is created by Quebec's company Erinea and is made from natural and vegan ingredients. Erinea makes sure to put forward the power of plants through their body safe products.
Fuck Water is another Toronto-based company that offers both water and silicone based lubes. They pride themselves in offering a product that only contains premium and vegan ingredients that are also glycerin and paraben-free.
Recommended by our friends at PelviSanté, this water-based lubricant contains hemp oil which makes it a great idea for anyone dealing with pelvic pain. Paraben and fragrance free. Made in Quebec.
This company is based in beautiful British-Colombia and creates a variety of oils and lubricants. You can find both water and oil based lubricants as well as a soothing oil for pains and cramps. Only plant-based made products with no chemicals or harmfuls ingredients!
📝 Quick Tips:
- Avoid lubricants that have ingredients such has: Glycerin(e), Propylene Glycol, Nonoxynol 9, Chlorhexidine Gluconate, Petroleum Oils, Polyquaternium-15, Benzocaine, Sugars & Sugar Alcohols, Ureas
- If you are using a paraben-free lube, make sure to always check that it is still good. It is possible that it goes bad more quickly.
- Stay clear of KY and any other brands that do not disclaim their ingredients
- Although Shunga is a popular Canadian brand for lubes, they contain some ingredients that are not optimal for your vaginal health. Their organic lubricants are a better choice in terms of ingredients.
Where to buy 🛒
This is a question we receive actually fairly often since most drugstores don't carry these lubes. Obviously you can order directly on all the company’s website mentioned above. Otherwise, a good habit is to go see what is available at your organic grocery store. If you don’t have an organic grocery store nearby, here’s a few of our favourite places to shop in Canada:
- Come as You Are (Toronto, On and Online Sex Shop)
- Intamo Pleasure Boutique (Victoria, BC and online shop)
- Venus Envy (Online Sex Shop)
- Violette & John (Online Sex Shop)
- Sex Positive Shop (Online Sex Shop)
- Nox Shop (Online Sex Shop)
- Bonjibon (Online Sex Shop)
- Sensuale (Online Sex Shop)
- Avril Supermarché Santé (Grocery Store)
- Rachelle Berry (Grocery Store)
- Well (General Wellness Store)
Let us know in the comments your favorite Canadian lube company!