How to Choose the Best Massage Oil?
Massage Oil 101 - Choose the right one for you
You know that greasy and uncomfortable feeling after a massage session? You are probably experiencing it, because you are using a chemical, petrol-based, massage oil. And if you are already using the good, natural stuff, it might be because you are using the WRONG kind of oil for YOUR skin type.
SO, which one to choose? There are so many wonderful options out there and we know it can be a little overwhelming. That’s why we created this chart to help you evaluate the different options.
Our Favorite Massage Oil
- Sunflower Oil have a special place in our hearts since it's the base of our wonderful massage oil OMEHA. It leaves no greasy residue on the skin, doesn't smell anything, is perfect for sensitive skin, comes from a gorgeous flower... And it's made right here in Canada. That's what we call a winner! 👍
Macadamia Nut’s Oil is our second favorite, mainly because it has the same properties as the sunflower oil. What's great about this oil though, is that it comes from an Australian native tree that helps in protecting the wildlife and fauna in arid regions. And the production of Macadamia Oil helps to protect these trees, which means they can continue to give refuge to the local fauna.
- Jojoba oil is actually a wax! That’s probably the reason why it's the carrier with the longest shelf-life. It mostly comes from the South of the United States and the North of Mexico. Which makes it somewhat of a local product!
We haven't talked about EVERY oil options on the market but we tried to cover the basics. So, whatever oil is your favorite, you should always strive to buy a cold-pressed and organic carrier oil.
- OMEHA, obviously we love our own massage oil!
- Zayat Aroma, our supplier right here in Québec.
- Coop Coco, perfect for all your cosmetic DIY.
- New Directions Aromatics, a web-based store with a LOT of bio/organic options.
If you want to learn more about how to achieve a sustainable bedroom, we have a blog post about it right here!
And if you are a massage fan (aren't we all), we are giving out a massage pamphlet that gives great tips and tricks!